Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Enter Conference

This year's [Enter] conference has been postponed; I leave this post in place to encourage participation next year!


In September of '06 I had the chance to take a good bit of my worship team from Temple, TX to the Enter Conference at New Life Church in Colorado Springs. This was an incredible experience on so many levels. The community that a team builds on a trip like this is invaluable, in addition to the training we received at the conference. There were some very practical sessions such as Rehearsing a Praise Band, Audio/Visual Techniques, Song Writing, Choir Leadership, etc. Even more valuable was to spend time in worship with 800-900 other worship team members from all over the country. I had never experienced worship with so many people being so focused and worshipful as this. It was as if everyone was truly there for a common purpose: to worship God and build a unity of spirit with other believers. The song kept coming to my mind; I Will Never be the Same Again, and I am not. This conference experience was truly a spiritual marker in my life and I am changed as a result.

Now, to worship the Lord so genuinely has its rewards, and when we ventured out to the Garden of The God (my title; it really is called the Garden of the Gods - but I know who really made it!) and experienced the glory and majesty of God's creation, it was even more sweet. It turns out that the time I spent hiking around in His creation, I found myself genuinely worshiping Him there, too. It was all so BEAUTIFUL! I told some of my team members that when God created Colorado, He was just showing off. In Romans 1:20, the Lord declares:

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Well, I'll tell you this; I experienced the Lord in worship and I've experienced Him in is creation during that great week, and I need no excuse. He is more real to me now than ever before, and that is partially because of this experience that I had with my team in Colorado. If I was to recommend one conference for Worship Leaders and their teams, this is the one! Please check out the conference website here, and find a way to get there in 2007!

2 comments:

"Kreative Karma" said...

That would be amazing for us to go to David! It sounds great!

Darrell said...

Hi David. I agree that this conference/seminar was incredible. I was so free to worship.... probably for the first time in my life (and that is a long time). I just heard that the conference has been postponed for 2007... and that is too bad. But it will return in 2008. At any rate, go to New Life and worship with them, because they are doing it right. And.... make time to spend prayer time in the World Prayer Center. What an awesome place. I know New Life is undergoing alot of changes (and good for them to have the confidence in Christ to carry them through these changes). Despite these changes, they still continue to be an example of true worship. They continue to be in my prayers. I dream of a day when all of God's churches worship Him with such focus and freedom as the folks in Colorado Springs. Go and see for yourself. God Bless.